Tuesday, March 03, 2009

About winking doll

Winking doll was the first doll that I had. I received it probably around age 2. It was a dark-brown skinned doll with short and tight bronze-brown curls, fixed plastic head, neck, body and legs, with movable arms at shoulder joints. The plastic face had a fixed expression of a winking right-eye and a corresponding twist of a cheeky smile.

Despite having fought for it, my initial thoughts were, "What an ugly doll! How can anyone love it?"

My doll "instantly rebuked", "If you cannot love imperfections, then how and why do you expect others to love you?"

Voila! My earliest memorable lesson on humanity and love. I grew to love the doll as my own "child". I was heartbroken when I had to surrender it at age 2 years 4 months.

No comments

Post a Comment