My total expense for the 9th month (1st to 30th June) is around CAD1,251, broken down as follow.
Amount (CAD) : Category
* 46 : Gifts for family1
* 9 : Digital camera2
* 26 : 8GB SDHC card for digital camera
* 15 : Canadian bank's fee for deposit of Teletex funds
* 60 : Mensa Canada annual membership fee3
* 500 : Room rental
* 40 : Mobile phone bill
* 61 : Medical Services Plan
* 110 : Transport - Monthly 2-Zone Farecard
* NIL : Transport - Others
* 206 : Food/groceries
* NIL : Clothings
* 52 : Household Items (including toiletries)
* 10 : Recreation/Entertainment/Restaurant
* 19 : Meals/Drinks
* 43 : Personal Grooming & Make-up
* NIL : Stationery/Postage
* 54 : Others (Lottery, Souvenirs, etc)4
Note 1: A friend from Singapore visited. He offered to help me bring gifts back to my family on his return flight. Thus, I bought some fresh ginseng for my family. At CAD50.68/kg, and packed in 180g-220g packets, fresh ginseng seems reasonably priced here.
Note 2: This digital camera was marked down for clearance sale at my workplace. Previously, I had a CAD20 gift card (from my workplace) for my excellent customer service during a "Mystery Shopper" survey. Add to the CAD20 gift card, I also have staff discount, and thus the incredibly low camera price.
Note 3: As I am a member of Mensa Singapore, my Mensa Canada application was considered a membership "transfer". Thus I did not have to pay the new member fee, just the annual fee.
Note 4: I bought more lottery and scratch-n-win cards this month since it is my "lucky month". I also bought a MoneySense magazine for CAD6+, a gift for my house-mate daughter's birthday for CAD11+, and a farewell card for another colleague for CAD3+.
4 months ago