As mentioned in the comments on my previous blog post, I pulled up my old "10 ground rules for love" to do a reality check.
1. He must be single (or divorced or widowed) and available. No "separated", no "just broke-up", no flings. [Checked.]
2. He must be financially able to sustain himself. I don't need him to be rich, but I will not respect him if he needs others' charity to live-on in the long-run. [Checked.]
3. He must love me as I am. I am not perfect. I have my flaws. I need someone who can accept and love me as a whole. [??? No data to form a conclusion.]
4. He must love me enough to want to marry me. We will get married legally as soon as it is convenient. No grand weddings, they are often a source of headaches! [??? No data to form a conclusion.]
5. He must love children or nature. It does not matter if we have any or otherwise. It is just that I don't think much of the kindness/humanity/gratitude of a person if this person cannot bring himself/herself to love children or nature. [Checked, this guy loves nature and hiking. Can also tell lah, he is not a flabby tub.]
6. As an extension of the kindness/gratitude rule, he must care about the people related to himself and me. He does not have to agree with them or like them, but basic fellow human concern is expected. [??? Rumoured to be so. IMHO, not enough data to form a conclusion.]
7. He must live/work in the same city as me for a long enough period. That is, until after marriage and the relationship is strong enough to withstand the distance. [FAILED!!!]
8. I must be able to trust him. He must trust me too. This takes time to build, thus the rule about living in the same city. [??? No data to form a conclusion.]
9. He must be able to forgive. Not necessary to forget, for we learn life lessons from our experience. But in the long run, a willingness to recall the past without anger, bitterness or heavy regret is important to being happy. [??? No data to form a conclusion.]
10. He must be a non-smoker. It is not just about his health. My nose cannot stand the smell of a chronic smoker's breath. [Checked.]
CONCLUSION: Don't put any eggs into that basket for now. Failed critical item number 7.
Then I decided to parse through the Master of Negativity (i.e. asingaporeanson) test as well.
1) List down 10 flaws about him (in your eyes)
2) Arrange them by order
3) Look at the top 5 flaws
4) If you can't do 1), you don't know him well enough
5) If you managed to do 3) ask yourself if you can live with them.
6) If the answer to 5) is yes, go ahead and fuck.
7) and blog it.
At step 1, I got stuck at flaw number 3!
CONCLUSION: "you don't know him well enough"
Ok, back to being happily single. Yeah!