Since my previous update on May 24th 2013, today's status based on the grapevine is as follow: Of our cohort of 29 GNIE graduates who passed the CRNE (i.e. eligible for full practicing licence with the CRNBC), 20 (or 69%) have found Registered Nurse jobs.
Most of us hold several jobs - a mix of casual and other positions. We are distributed amongst the following:
- Private hospital acute care (mostly elective-surgery related) - Regular full-time and casual positions
- Public hospital acute care - Casual positions. There are about a handful of us with these positions now.
- Residential care - Temporary full-time and casual positions
- Home nursing - Permanent part-time and casual positions
- Agency nurse (sent to acute, residential, home, etc positions) - Casual positions
- Education (e.g. clinical instructors for Care Aides) - Casual position
- The above data is amongst those that we know/hear from.
- Of those who have yet to find a job, 3 have just passed the June 2013 CRNE.
- There are a few who are not actively looking for RN jobs due to various personal reasons.