Monday, August 31, 2009

3 proposals

My flatmates recently made an online reservation for their ROM date (registry of marriage). I am so happy for them. They knew each other from their Malaysian hometown, before venturing to Singapore. They have stayed together with me for 3 years now. There is the occasional couple's squabble but mostly they make a wonderful couple.

Just watched the movie "Coco avant Chanel" ("Coco before Chanel") with the titular character played by Audrey Tautou. In the movie, Étienne Balsan only proposed to his mistress Coco (Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel) after he realized that she has fallen for Arthur "Boy" Capel instead. Coco snubbed, "I never intended to marry anyone."

The above reminds me of my experience. My ex-boyfriend of that time only proposed after he knew that I had given up hope on our relationship and was moving on to a new one. The window for love to blossom had closed.

No comments

Post a Comment