- 10-Feb-2010: Febrile fit case that was sent to ICU, mentioned on-the-fly here.
- 18-Feb-2010: Strange smelling drinking water, which brought back collective unhealed memories of another water related complaint.
- 21-25 Feb-2010: Another febrile fit case, ?UTI, that became lymphadenitis.
IMHO, the incidents are not caused by poor nursing. However ADON G's comments, as mentioned by the senior SNs, seem to push the blame in the nurses' direction. [Ironically, even the consultant doctors are not blaming the nurses but are fighting on our side.] As a result, the younger SNs and the ENs are worried about the what-ifs. After several near misses, what-if one day a near miss becomes a hit, and our individual nursing license is affected? The older staff are questioning why they would want to suffer so much stress when they can afford to retire and enjoy life.
As for me, I had 2 thoughts on my mind.
- I am not surprised by the senior SNs' reaction to ADON G's comments. My personal experience of her lecturing sucks.
- I hope that the senior SNs will stay around longer, at least till after I relocate to Canada. In some ways, their presence and support make ward nursing more bearable.